My favourite activity when I’m in a holiday or traveling and I want to relax is reading (probably because I am a bookworm and I try to find as many chances to read as I can). So, for today I selected 10 of my favorite books that I recommend to you to read while traveling.
1. The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The first on my list is a classic: The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald. If you want to get lost in the wonderful atmosphere of the 20’s and if you never read this masterpiece, then your next trip is the perfect occasion.
2. Murder On The Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
Yes, another classic (I love my classics), but Murder On The Orient Express, by Agatha Christie is for all the thriller-mystery lovers… and I think that this book will be a great reading choice for the beach while you are sunbathing.
3. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, by Truman Capote
Now, for everyone who loved the movie with Audrey Hepburn, it’s time to also read the book. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, by Truman Capote is such a delicious read, I couldn’t not put it on this list.
4. Bad Feminist, by Roxane Gay
This one is such a funny read, perfect for a day at the beach. But while being funny,Bad Feminist, by Roxane Gay also talks about serious issues that women have all around the world. After reading this book you will realise that being a feminist it’s not a bad thing at all.
5. In the Name of Gucci: A Memoir, by Patricia Gucci
Gucci is a huge name in the fashion industry and in the last few years it grew a lot in popularity under the creative direction of Alessandro Michele. But if you want to know where it all started, then In the Name of Gucci: A Memoir, by Patricia Gucci is your book. For all my fashion lovers out there this is a must read.
6. We Are All Weird – The Rise of Tribes and the End of Normal, by Seth Godin
We Are All Weird – The Rise of Tribes and the End of Normal, by Seth Godin is a another funny book. It is also a very quick read, that proves that, yes, we are all weird. This is one of the perfect books to read while traveling.
7. The Art of Always Being Right, by Arthur Schopenhauer
Talking about quick reads, The Art of Always Being Right, by Arthur Schopenhauer will make a great holiday read for all the philosophy lovers. If you want to know the secrets of this “ART”,then you need this book in your life.
8. Moon: A Brief History, by Bernd Brunner
A history book,but not a boring history book. If you are curious to know more about the mysterious moon, then you have to get Moon: A Brief History, by Bernd Brunner. You will never see the moon the same way again.
9. Shades of Magic, V.E.Schwab
For those of you who are going in a very long holiday, you can try reading this trilogy by V.E.Schwab. It will transport you in the most incredible magic world. The plot is fantastic and the characters are so cool, you will love them.
10. Fantastic Beasts – The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay, by J.K.Rowling
We came to the last book on my list and for this special spot I had to choose a special book: Fantastic Beasts – The Crimes of Grindelwald: The Original Screenplay, by J.K.Rowling. I am a huge Harry Potter and Fantastic beasts fan and this is the last book that came out, from this magic universe, so I had to put it in here. I highly recommend both the movie and the screenplay, neither one will disappoint you.
Thank you for reading. Follow smileyioana on WordPress and Instagram. How many books from this list have you red already? Write in the comments below! Also tell us what other books you read while traveling.
a d e l y n e e
* D I S C L A I M E R all books are selected on personal choice and there is no affiliation with any of the authors or publishing houses. All books are redirect to amazon.de shops where they can be purchased. A tiny commission can benefit us if you buy them through our links.